דלג על פקודות של רצועת הכלים דלג לתוכן ראשי
לחודש הוקדםלחודש הבא
אבגדהוש
262728293012
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31123456
לכל האירועים בלוח
דף הבית»English

The Municipal Conservatory of Petah-Tikva


The Municipal Conservatory of Petah-Tikva, named after the well known Jewish composer, Yosef Ahron (1883-1943), was established in 1950 with the intention of providing a musical education for the youth of Petah-Tikva.

The conservatory is part of the education department of the Petah-Tikva Municipality. It is one of the city's cultural landmarks and trains talented musicians from grade school through college.

The conservatory is comprised of a variety of musical orchestras such as chamber, percussion and symphonic orchestras, three wind orchestras and three choirs, from 7-18 years old.

Today, upwards of 550 students study in the following instrumental schools: 
  • Strings (including guitar and harp)
  • Woodwind and brass
  • Percussion (including xylophone)
  • Vocal training
  • Keyboard

Younger children, aged from six to eight years, may attend preparatory musical enrichment activities in the Dalcroze method.

The Conservatory has earned an outstanding reputation in Israel and internationally. Orchestras and choirs representing the Conservatory have won first prizes in several competitions abroad, such as the International Competition in Valencia, International Competition in Zurich, Holland, Spain, Slovakia and most recently-Italy.

The Conservatory is considered one of the leading musical education institutions in the State of Israel, and has represented the city of Petah-Tikva in various prestigious venues, such as the residence of the President of Israel, the Knesset (parliament), the Israeli Opera House, Israel Broadcasting Authority, Israeli Television, and more. 

Conservatory students have participated in concerts with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, New Israeli Opera, and various chamber orchestras.

Place amongst the leading institutions for professional musical education in the country. It is closely interwoven with the education system in town through its "Playing school" Which enables thousands of children to receive their preliminary musical training By means of instrumental group lessons and school ensembles. The fully qualified graduate staff comprises 60 teachers. 

The Conservatory's pupils enrich not only themselves, but the life of their community as well. They frequently take part in community events and festivals, making music and culture accessible to city residents and adding to the success and atmosphere of the public events.